The Dirty 1/2 Dozen-Cancer
- Talcum Powder by John & Johnson
- Crest Tart Control Toothpaste
- Alberta VO5 Conditioner
- Ajax Cleanser
- Lysol Disinfectant-recently found to contain DIOXIN – ingrediant in Agent Orange-can cause gentic mutation, birth defects and cancer.
- Clairol Nice & Easy (Permanent Haircolor
and the list just goes on and on….
Children’s Snacks Made with Cancer Causing Petroleum Products
- Pop tarts – introduced in 1964- besides the high fructose corn syrup, dextrose and sugar (forms of harmful sugar), they have TBHQ which comes from petroleum and is related to butane, partially hydrogenated soybean oil which causes cellular dysfunction, and cancer causing artificial colors.
- Fruit Snacks– Red #3 a commonly used food coloring
- M&Ms– Color used are Blue #2, Blue #1, Red #40, Yellow #6 and Yellow #5. All are made from petroleum and cause allergic reactions, hyperactivity, and cancer
- Cheetos-Yellow 6 made from petroleum is used to create the cheese color
- Teddy grams-Available since 1988 in 5 different flavors – laced with TBHQ, which can be toxic
Chlorine Bleach – Can Turn Home Into Danger Zone
You clean your home to make it a safer more enjoyable place to be…right?
For decades, consumers have mistakenly equated chlorine bleach with words like “clean” and “safe”. But the reality is frighteningly car from it. One of the first ingredients used to create chemical weapons was chlorine during the Second Battle of Ypres, on April 22, 1915 in WW1.
The lethal chemical is still used in warfare today, with insurgents of the Iraq war making bombs out of giant tanks of chlorine.
Unfortunately, this lethal gas can also be created by accident when you unwittingly mix chlorine-based cleaning products with other common cleaning agents.
And it isn’t always mixing two cleaners, together, sometimes it’s simply residue from a past cleaner that reacts with the chlorine-based product.
In 2011, 152 workers were hospitalized due to exposure from chlorine gas after someone poured chlorine bleach into a container previously used with another cleaning solution.
Get Cancer-Causing Chemicals Out of Laundry Detergents
Besides surfactants and phosphates, the average detergent has a long list of other chemical ingredients—and most are not good for you or the earth.
Anything in those products can potentially be absorbed through your skin or breathed in through you nose, as well as passed down the drain to our waterways.
Typical dangerous Chemicals include:
- Linear alkyl sodium sulfonates (LAS) a.k.a anionic surfactants
- Petroleum distillates ( a.k.a. naphthas), which have been linked to cancer
- Phenols, which can cause toxicity throughout the entire body
- Optical brighteners, which cause bacterial mutations and allergic reactions, and can be toxic to fish
- Sodium hypochloride (bleach)
- EDTA (ethylene-diamine-tetra-acetate)
- Artificial fragrances, which have been linked to various toxic effects on fish and animals, as well as allergic reactions in humans
Beware of these 6 common household items that cause cancer
So….What’s the most logical thing to do?
Answer: Join with the Smart Biz Moms and>> Simply Switch Stores